By Jeanine McAdam
2. Devotion – He comes to Katie when her ranch is failing. He brings her a prize winning cow. The perfect gift for a woman who owns eight bulls.
3. Fearless – This intrepid hero gets on a bull every weekend knowing that he is participating in the seventh most dangerous job in America. More perilous than being President of the United States or a coal miner.
4. Perseverance – Katie says no, she doesn’t want to be kissed. No, he can’t stick his hand up her shirt and no, she doesn’t want a one night stand. But Cord McCoy is determined. In the end, he wins his girl.
5. Handsome – Cord wears his Stetson low over twinkling green eyes, dark wavy hair and high cheekbones. Note: he’s not perfect, see number eight.
6. Attracted to Smart Girls – Katie knows her business, protects her bulls and owns her own bull rope. Plus...she’s making it in the male dominated world of stock contracting.
7. Glasses & Briefs – Cord’s got a thing for Katie’s “Clark Kent Cowgirl” look (see cover picture). And…he likes big, wide waist banded, purple old lady briefs on a girl. You see, this type of underwear doesn’t ride up when mucking out a stall.
8. Imperfections – Cord McCoy has a crooked nose, scar above his brow, broken hand and nickered knuckles. Plus, a cocky grin (Note: Some may not consider that an imperfection.)
9. Flexibility – Cord was a womanizer. He knew to win Katie Bliss’s heart he needed to change his ways. Now, his sweet talk is directed at one woman and only one woman. Plus, he brings her roses regularly.
10. Name – Cord McCoy is an extremely sexy proper noun.♥
Jeanine McAdam loves zombies and cowboys. Look for her new novella, “Cowboy’s Toughest Ride” from Secret Cravings Publishing (June 2012) at http://tinyurl.com/cowboystoughestride.
NOTE: STOP BY TOMORROW FOR ANOTHER HERO POST.